Distribution volunteers help fill cart to give to clients, help sort returned items, break down boxes, sweep floors and take out garbage and may include tasks such as bagging diapers or produce as needed.
Are you looking for opportunities to give back to your community, meet new people, and travel locally?
Consider becoming a volunteer driver for the Community Van Program. Volunteer commitment is flexible, you decide when to drive!
• Support your community by helping community members get where they need to go. Offering shared rides also reduces traffic and lessens environmental impacts.
• Initiate your own trips! This reduces wear and tear on your personal vehicle, plus Metro pays for the gas, insurance, and maintenance.
• Don’t have a personal car or looking for more flexible public transportation? Become an approved Community Van driver to get where you need to go.
• Help a neighbor with accessibility needs get around more frequently or to a greater variety of destinations.
• Support driving retirement and safe transportation for older adults.
Whatever your expertise, passion or hobby is, there is a group of youth who would love you to share it with them! Our goal is to help these youth, who have so much untapped potential to REWRITE THE SCRIPTS OF THEIR LIVES.
Be a positive friend and encourage one student
Whatever your expertise, passion or hobby is, there is a group of youth who would love you to share it with them! Our goal is to help these youth, who have so much untapped potential, to REWRITE THE SCRIPTS OF THEIR LIVES. We do by this surrounding the youth with good adult role models like you. You boost their self-esteem just by coming and spending time with them. They interpret your time as demonstrating that you value them and have confidence in their futures. Current volunteers invest their time in the youth by sharing art, business and social etiquette, budgeting/finances, cooking, book clubs, music, photography, career panels, mentoring, tutoring, sewing, sports, chess, golf, and community service socials. Don’t see anything that interests you? We’ll help you start up your favorite pastime or interest. More info here: http://www.echoglen.org/
Come help at our lovely little non-profit thrift store, Re-In-Carnation, located next door to the Sno-Valley Senior Center in Carnation. We sell donated items, utilizing the proceeds to fund senior programs and services. We are looking for volunteers to cashier OR help sort donations. If you're friendly, honest, reasonably organized and like a good deal, this is a great opportunity.
Sno-Valley Senior seek helpers for setting table, cashiering, and as prep cook in the kitchen on weekdays from 10:30 am - 2:00 pm
Website Customization by Cascade Valley Designs