Community Van Volunteer Driver
Are you looking for opportunities to give back to your community, meet new people, and travel locally?
Consider becoming a volunteer driver for the Community Van Program. Volunteer commitment is flexible, you decide when to drive!
In partnership with King County Metro, Duvall’s Community Van Program gives riders a low-cost option to carpool to destinations throughout King and Snohomish Counties. Vans are driven by our generous volunteers, and the program cannot succeed without them.
• Support your community by helping community members get where they need to go. Offering shared rides also reduces traffic and lessens environmental impacts.
• Initiate your own trips! This reduces wear and tear on your personal vehicle, plus Metro pays for the gas, insurance, and maintenance.
• Don’t have a personal car or looking for more flexible public transportation? Become an approved Community Van driver to get where you need to go.
• Help a neighbor with accessibility needs get around more frequently or to a greater variety of destinations.
• Support driving retirement and safe transportation for older adults.
• At least 21 years of age
• Current & unrestricted WA State Driver’s license with at least 5 years driving experience.
• Clean driving record—Metro screens for accidents, violations,insurance history, license suspensions/revocation, & medical.
conditions How to apply:
1. Fill out the application and email to Victor at firstname.lastname@example.org https://www.hopelink.org/sites/default/files/cv-driver-appagreement-form_0.pdf
2. Take a Community Van Orientation via Skype (1 hour). This training can be completed from the comfort of your home via Skype or phone.
3. Take and Accessible Equipment & Disability Awareness Training (1 hour) held in-person in downtown Duvall
• Duvall Community Transportation Coordinator:
Victor Londono @ 425-943-6721 or email@example.com https://www.hopelink.org/duvall-community-van.