Kids’ Farm Naturalist
Join The Fun!
Oxbow hosts thousands of children, primarily PreK-5th Grad students, in the spring, summer, and fall for our seasonal Farm Adventures. Children visit the farm for 75- or 90-minute hands-on farm tours facilitated by farmer and volunteer instructors. Kids learn about the six plant parts, soil, compost, worms, and ways to connect to nature.
Volunteer naturalists will be responsible for leading tours with up to 14 kids (and their chaperones) around our two-acre Kids’ Farm. When no tours are scheduled, volunteers will assist the Oxbow Education (OxEd) team in a variety of farming tasks around the Kids’ Farm. Only a moderate understanding of food and farming is needed, and there will be plenty of opportunities to learn from our expert staff.
• 35+ hours of community service
• Develop skills teaching and facilitating outdoor environmental education
• Build your resume and gain references
• Learn basic organic farming techniques
• Connect to community members with similar interests
• Inspire the next generation to eat healthy foods, enjoy gardening, and value conservation
• Get access to fresh, organic produce
• Work as a team in a fun and collaborative environment
• Spend time at a beautiful organic farm just 25 miles from Seattle
Commitment: One day per week (two tours/week) during current season of programming: Apr-Jun, Jun-Aug, or Sept-Nov. Long-term commitments also possible!
Note: This is an unpaid volunteer position. Must pass a background check.
For more details and to apply, please contact: email@example.com or visit www.oxbow.org/volunteer
Website Customization by Cascade Valley Designs